Saturday, May 30, 2015

Unofficial CM12.1 Lollipop 5.1.1 Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500

While Samsung released their official Lollipop for Galaxy S4 I9500 it was a good news for my 2 years old phone still got update. But unfortunately there is so much complain I found on the internet about huge battery drain and overheat problem. As my experience the latest official Kitkat is still the best ROM for daily use. But I'm still curious how Lollipop feels on this device, so I'm looking for another alternate ROM. From many firmware I tried, each of them have their pros and cons feature.

The most stable custom ROM I've tried is Unofficial CyanogenMod 12.1 which is based on Lollipop 5.1.1 ported by Team Canjica from XDA Dev. I have no big issues and problems for my daily use, although I have to lose some Touchwiz features like Air Gesture or Air View, but who cares with that gimmick function that I never use.

Battery consumption so far is fair for Lollipop system, you can see the screenshot of the state below this post.























Here's the link to download

Unofficial CM12.1 Team Canjica Lollipop 5.1.1 for Samsung Galaxy S4 (I9500)

You can read the original thread on XDA on how to install and another stuff that you may need.


EmoticonEmoticon